Friday, December 12, 2014

Planning for a Debut Party

So, my niece, Algy, turned 18 last Dec 8 and we will be holding a debut party on the 20th. Algy has limited idea on what the party would be. All she knows is that the motiff is midnight black which revolves around the color black, silver and purple.

I am pretty excited not of the party but of the planning. This is the first time that I am actually planning a party and a surprise one at that. I don't find it challenging but fun because I'm doing  it out of love for my niece.

Planning started last month but of course because we have limited budget most of the decors were prepared last week. This is what my idea looks like:

Ideally that is what I really want it to look like but since it will only be held at home, it will not look exactly like that. But you get the idea right? it will be dark with curtains hanging and the light will be dim. This reminds me of winter themed parties. The challenge will come on the day we will decorate the venue. For now, let me hold on to that dream setting.



Now that we have an idea on what the place would look like, the next challenge is the hanging decors. I was checking online and saw beautiful pompoms that will accentuate the hanging curtains.

Very pretty isn't it? Since the theme is midnight black, the colors will definitely be black, white and purple. I love that can be easily made and very cheap too. Since Christmas is also approaching, I can use this to decorate our home.

Here is a step-by-step guide on how to make pom poms.





My next project is the photobooth area for Algy and her friends take a photo in. Teenagers nowadays love to takes selfies and I think that it will be a sin if they do not have a corner/place in the party to do that. A sneak peek of my idea.

The food will be handled by my sister. I really do not know much about what is best for parties. I like to eat and that's it. :D

That's it for now. Will show you the finished product after the party.

Let's get busy,
Kat



No comments:

Post a Comment